With a clear understanding of the importance of the transportation of Pharmaceutical products, LAN CARGO designed a service that maximizes the time the shipment is maintained in the cold chain, allowing optimal conditions for these products.
In addition, LAN CARGO offers the option to transport Pharmaceutical products in containers with active temperature control.
LAN CARGO offers a specialized service for managing "passive" shipments of Pharmaceutical products*: "PHARMA 2 to 8 ° C" and "PHARMA 15 to 25 ° C". The general characteristics of the products are:
• Procedures in accordance with the guidelines of Chapter 17 of the IATA.
• Declaration of temperature range on the Air Waybill.
• Recording of time and temperature at critical points of transportation.
• Trained staff in the handling of Pharmaceuticals.
• Procedures for continuous improvement to ensure the highest quality.
• Temperature control inside the aircraft.
* Note: Currently, the PHARMA products are only available for shipments originating in Frankfurt, Germany (FRA) to Viracopos, Brazil (VCP), Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE), or Santiago, Chile (SCL). In other stations they are shipped as traditional perishables.
Pharmaceuticals that are not shipped in active temperature controlled containers must be adequately packed to resist external temperatures where it cannot be controlled.
For more information on the features of this product, please contact your local LAN CARGO Office.